This post is Part 2 in our Spring Cleaning series. You can catch Part 1 here. Spring is often a time when you decide to do a little spring cleaning around the house, get rid of things you haven’t used or looked at in years and spruce things up a bit.
This is a little reminder that you can do the same with your virtual assistant business. Use this as a chance to reevaluate your business, refocus if needed and reorganize. This series of posts will help you do just that!
In this post, we’ll take a look at your social media accounts. When is the last time you checked all of your profiles for consistency? You want to present a solid, consistent message about your virtual assistant business across the board. Here are some things to reevaluate or refresh in your social media accounts:
- Profile picture. Is it up to date? Are you using the same photo in all accounts so that people recognize you and your business?
- About/Description/Profile. Now that you’ve reevaluated your business plan and goals in the first part of this series, be sure that this main section on your accounts is up to date, consistent and accurate.
- Check links to be sure that they work. Now would be a good time to switch up where you send people to in your links or offer a new freebie.
- Update Layout. Facebook changes the look of their timeline, Twitter changes your profile page and LinkedIn recently created a whole new look. These things happen often in social media. Make sure that you take a minute to check in and keep up with the times.
- Add new experience/education. Have you recently taken a new course or added to your services? Did you receive an award? Make sure you add these things to your social profiles.
- Group participation. Evaluate the groups that you’re a member of on the various social media platforms. Which ones do you really participate in? Pare down your groups to the ones that are truly of value to you.
Did I miss anything? What have you come across when freshening up your social media accounts? Leave a comment below or leave a voice message using the purple tab to the right. We love hearing from you!