Your “About Me” page should help people get to know you. Not only should it be factual and informational, but it should be personality driven. People should get a sense of who you are, what you stand for and hopefully for a sense of your personality.
For example, I’m frequently referred to as a finder of little boys lost shoes – it even says that on my business card.
- Talk about your background.
- Talk about the results you get for your clients.
- Talk about your credentials and what qualifies you to do what you do.
- Try to write in a personal, free flowing way.
- Avoid writing in corporate language.
The goal is for your potential clients to feel like they know you a little bit once they read your About Me page.
Marie Forleo has a great about me page that now only shows her personality, but is very focused on the visitor to the page: