Becoming an affiliate for a product or a book can turn into a really great additional income source. Writing a blog post review can help you to earn that income more passively. Just write the review once and you have the opportunity to make money every time someone reads it! Reviews are hugely popular. People are more apt to buy a product after reading a review.
Today we will cover writing reviews for products and books. Since they’re slightly different, I’ve decided to split up the descriptions of what it takes for a good product or book review. There are a couple of main elements needed for the review.
- Describe the product and what it claims to do
- Include photos or a video post of you using the product
- Share your experience with the product: weigh pros and cons-did it do what it advertised?
- Comparison reviews are also hugely popular in which you compare two products side-by-side that are advertised to do the same thing-read more about them here
- Who is the product for?
- Use keywords for SEO such as the product name and words a person would type into the search engines in order to look for the item
- Don’t forget a call to action asking them to order the product and include your affiliate link
- Name of the book and author as well as some background on the author if possible
- Brief summary of the book or some chapter highlights
- If it was instructional, did you learn what it said you would?
- You can add graphic/picture of the book
- How did it affect you?
- What audience is the book geared toward?
- Add your keywords to the review
- Don’t forget to add a call to action with your affiliate link asking the audience to purchase
Check this out for an example of a book review.
To get more information on writing an awesome review, check out this ClickNewz article. Remember to add your own flavor and flair to the review. People are reading your blog because they like the information that you provide combined with your personality, so make it your own! Do you have questions about writing a review? Leave them in the comment section below or click on the big purple tab to the right and leave us a voice message. We love hearing from you!