When you’re offering a service you can sometimes feel restrained inside the walls of your available time, but you still want to grow your business and increase your income. An interesting and easy way to add income to your business without taking on new clients or making your daily task list longer is by being an affiliate for related products and services that you can promote to your clients and audience.
What is an affiliate?
An affiliate is someone who promotes a product or service and receives a commission on sales of that product or service.
Some of the benefits of being an affiliate:
- No additional customer service to handle.
- Additional income stream without taking clients.
- Customers see you as a go-to person for resources.
Recommend Products, Software, Tools, and Services YOU Use
Chances are you already do this and don’t really think much about it. It happens all the time, via email or in conversation. A client or someone asks about how to do something, you recommend the thing you use to make life easier.
Some quick easy examples of things you might recommend to clients that often have affiliate programs:
- Website hosting (like ReliableWebs, HostGator, or BlueHost)
- Domain name registration (like Namecheap and Godaddy)
- WordPress themes and plugins (StudioPress, ElegantThemes, and others)
- Email management software. (like Aweber, MailChimp, or ConstantContact)
- Private Label Rights (PLR) Content (like ListMagnets, EasyPLR, or CoachGlue)
- Courses, programs, and memberships that are relevant to their business needs
- Books! There are books on every topic, many available at Amazon
Find out if those products and tools you use have affiliate programs. Sign up to those that do. Use your affiliate link when you recommend those things online. Easy as that. Be authentic in your communication, be transparent, give reliable honest recommendations, and you’ll see affiliate commissions from it.